Theme Thursday/Photo Story Friday - The Love of Color

In my past life I was training to be a theatrical lighting designer - I LOVE theatrical lighting. I love creating "atmosphere" and "mood" with light and... color.

 And I Loved, Simply LOVED creating the light show for a small rock band I worked with in the mid-80's. Especially the opening sequence, bringing up back-lighting on the musicians as they came out through the smoke then pulling up the front lights and moving into a show that complimented the beat of the music. Yup, 1980's smoke machines and stage lighting rocked!

 My gel filter samples via 1986


I also love clean white space, it's true.

but sometimes...


You Just {have to} Add Color.




Photo Story is Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
PhotoStory Friday


And since I've been such a stranger latey, don't forget to visit Stacy for more Theme Thursday love!

8 comments:

Wayne said...

Sounds cool creating a light show, who was the band?

Great photo friday

Stacy said...

Love these shots, Rose! Great composition and COLOR. :) That sounds like a great job to have - bet you lost some hearing in it though, eh? ;) Some of our friends had a rock band...late 90's though so no cool light show going on with it.

Mom said...

Sounds like a fantastic & fun job!

Killlashandra said...

Lights for a rock band! I'm sure you've got some stories about those adventures hidden away. ;) Although you're right some days you just have to add color. Love the swatches.

MamaGeek @ Works For Us said...

Wow, not ONLY were the shots spectacular but so was the story. SO COME ON, WHO WAS THE BAND?

U2? :)

Rose said...

When I say "small" rock band, I mean SMALL. It was back in the mid-west. We toured around Eastern South Dakota and North-western Iowa. I don't even remember the name anymore - but it was good times.

Christina said...

Love the color! I don't have a single white wall in my house. What a totally awesome job you had!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds like a fun job. Color is so nice when used right.

Related Posts with Thumbnails