The Silver Lining

It has been almost two months since we've been in our new home. This morning as we put up the last of the window coverings, Ken once again said "I wish we hadn't had to move", a sentiment that Harrison has expressed multiple times - for different reasons - torn at my heart strings all the same.

But - change IS Good and change does happen.

And God is always in Control.

Last week after I dropped off Harrison at preschool, I came home to work but first I opened the door to the patio and stepped out. In the morning shade the air was warm and I felt it seep into my very being. I looked out at the deep blue of the ocean where it touched the vivid, clear blue sky and felt a peaceful joy rise up in me.

At that minute I knew we were home.


When the Guy-I-Dig came home that evening, we sat out on our deck and watched the sun go down in the cool breeze.

"This works." he commented as the dust left from the last year began to fall from his shoulders.

Then we lit a fire in our fire place...because we could.


As for Harrison, he loves eating his breakfast in front of the window as he watches a calico cat's daily routine of laying in the sun on a rooftop near by then listening to the birds at the end of a warm day as he eats a favorite snack. Less and less he asks about the Emerald house and his room with the blue floral wall paper.


And how has this change affected me?

That's a story for another day.



Happy Easter.


"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?" 
Matthew 6:25-27

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails